We supply and install HDPE pipes and accessories, stub ends, flanges, Y-pieces, valves, nuts and bolts according to client specifications.
HDPE Pipe Manufacturing & Solutions
We supply and install HDPE pipes and related accessories, according to client specifications.
All our HDPE piping supply and installation projects are managed by our team of professional engineers, qualified in pipe system design, working with teams of qualified butt/electrofusion welders, to ensure delivery according to specification and within budget.
HDPE pipes have significant advantages over other forms.
- HDPE piping is exceptionally resistant to corrosion, abrasion, erosion, and biological attack.
- Light to transport and handle, the pipes are also easy to install.
- They can withstand rugged installation conditions, external loads and internal pressure. They are also resistant to continuous exposure, extreme temperatures and extreme burial depths.
- HDPE pipe lengths are thermally fused, creating a strong, smooth, leak-proof connection that is stronger than the pipe itself.
- This makes HDPE pipes much more cost-effective . They have a much longer life span (up to 100 years) in the right conditions, and result in reduced operating costs.
- HDPE pipes can be used for the transportation of drinking water, mining slurries, chemicals, oil and gas, and extremely hazardous waste materials.
- Installations have proven to be safe and leak-proof, both above and below ground, and under water.
- HDPE pipes are versatile and can be used for most installation methods, including direct burial, slip lining, oversized lining, pipe bursting and directional drilling.
SUPER FLOW CHARACTERISTICS
- HDPE is approximately 30 times smoother than new commercial steel. The use of HDPE pipes can improve flow characteristics and lower operating costs for a pipeline, by reducing resistance and pumping requirements. In addition, HDPE will retain its flow capacity over time. It does not require compensative oversizing for deteriorating capacity.
We have developed a solution that allows plants to maximise hours of operation while performing critical inspections and maintenance of corroded carbon steel pipes.
Corrosion at pipe supports (CAPS) is statistically the most common cause of external piping corrosion failure.
Almost all plants use carbon steel pipes. Plants are built with steel frame structures requiring the pipes to be supported on metal I-beams.
All the standard support types create the following problem:
- Crevices form
- Water is trapped
- The paint eventually fails
- Corrosion starts
This is difficult to inspect and maintain these pipes and so the corrosion spreads easily.
Plant operators would have to shut down pipes and possibly the entire plant, in order to inspect and maintain these pipes. This is very costly, taking into account the equipment needed.
Our approach manages this risk and reduces costs.
We are able to maintain pipes without shutting down a plant:
- Testing the pipe integrity using non-destructive testing (NDT) methods. Some pipes will need the plant to be shut down, but down time can be minimised.
- Develop a pipe deflection profile for all the pipes that have been approved for jacking.
- Use optical monitoring technology to monitor potentially high-risk pipes. This ensures that the deflection occurs without creating any unexpected localised buckling at the corroded points.
- Jack the pipes from the I-beams using a patented system to create space for maintenance and inspection.
- Install a new support type which prevents further corrosion.
In collaboration with the Centre for Asset Integrity Management at the University of Pretoria in South Africa, we employ various techniques making the process both safe and effective