- The largest manufacturer of clay bricks in the Eastern Cape – owned by NEF – started experiencing cash flow problems, despite good sales in 2009.
- In 2013 we were contracted to find a way forward.
- We started mining in a better quality quarry, repaired all machinery and equipment, negotiated new terms with suppliers and customers, increased production to above break-even levels, managed the business for maximum cash flow, making the mine and factory profitable again – and sold to Corobrik in 2015.
Production, mining optimisation
Project Management, Feasibility Studies,
Business Plan development
- Project Amajuba is a 20.5 m GJ p.a. gas plant, utilizing world class gasification technology and methanation processes to convert coal to substitute natural gas (SNG).
- The project entails
– a feedstock supply of 1,5 m tons of coal
– a 20,5 PJ p.a. SNG plant.
– an offtake for the SNG.
– infrastructure (road and rail links, gas pipelines, water supply).
Strategic Sourcing of goods and services
for the Sasol group
Piping, logistics and project
- Anglo American New Vaal Colliery is situated approx. 55km from Johannesburg, along the Vaal River, with the mining operations being close to the Lethabo Power Station.
- Anglo American required HDPE piping from Mac Dam to the Proxa Brine plant, then to Lethabo Power Station, and then a discard transfer silo to a control dam, a distance spanning 14km. However they required two pipes, meaning that their total requirement was 28km of piping.